Saturday, January 3, 2009

Time out for Tatum

For this one you'll have to use your imagination folks.

Monday night after her bath, Tatum is hugging daddy and bites him on the shoulder. I witness this and decide that it is time to let her know we mean business. Is this really it? Tatum has never been in time out. We really hadn't discussed where the special spot would be. On-the-fly, I decide that the nearest corner will do. She just kind of sat there with a look like "what just happened?". Surprisingly she doesn't cry or get up. We were shocked at how she seemed to kind of "get it".

Wednesday, I pick her up from daycare. The report isn't good. Tatum has been picking on a little boy about 12 months old. I press for details.... was she not sharing... teasing him? Tickling him? She pushed him down. Three times! So 3 times that day she ended up in time out. This was also the first time that she had been put in time out at daycare. (I'm pretty sure she was put there with love. I'm pretty sure Tatum is her favorite and is pretty spoiled!). So without either of us knowing that the other had initiated this ritual, Tatum was introduced to this rite of passage this week.

Welcome to starting to be held accountable for your actions sweetie. We'll always love you know matter what!

No comments: