Monday, May 18, 2009

Aquarium visit and Squeaky Eel

So to reinforce Tatum's new found love of "Oc-Pus" she and I headed to the Omaha zoo for the sole purpose of finding that Oc-Pus and staring him down. Outside the aquarium there is a bronze statue of a scary looking Octopus. We checked him out and headed inside. Tatum loved watching the puffins and penguins dive in the water, and swim all over the place. She's seen it so many times, but it was all so exciting this time around- she is really understanding alot about many of the animals from some of her favorite books. When we finally got to the Octopus tank, there was one that was sleeping all balled up against the glass. There was a second one that we saw right away and it really scared her (I'll admit the thing was freaky!). It hid from us and we didn't get to see that little dude again. So the Octopus hunt was not as climactic as I had thought, but she really enjoyed the aquarium nonetheless. She loved pointing out "big" fish and I think she is starting to understand the difference between a shark and a fish!

The Eel awakening...

So during our Florida trip I bought Tatum a plastic Eel that squeaks loudly. It was the toy that was easiest to elicit a noise, so that is why it was chosen. Yesterday Tatum was napping and towards the end of the naptime I heard a familiar sqeaking sound.... Tatum had grabbed the Eel from her toybox and was happily squeaking away in her crib. Thanks Alice the Eel!

Tatum is getting ready to spend her first week away from Mommy & Daddy. Our babysitter is going on a 2 week trip to Ireland, so she is spending some time with Grandma Wanda and Nana & Papa Zubrod next week.

No comments: